Contract Type: Full-Time or Part-Time considered
At HSLC, our ethos is very simple: be useful, be kind and insist that students become the very best that they can be.
If our ethos resonates with your own and you are an ambitious and inspirational teacher, you may be the person we are looking for to join our motivated and passionate English department. We seek the very best practitioner who can consistently teach excellent, engaging lessons across Key Stages 3 to 5 and is able to enthuse and inspire students with your love for English, creative teaching and personality.
HSLC is a supportive and vibrant place to work and has been graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted since 2005. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We believe in our mission of actively broadening horizons and promote our core values of being useful and kind.
If you feel you could fulfil this role and are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people then we are keen to hear from you.
We can offer:
- support and line management from an experienced Head of Department
- a highly effective centralised behaviour system which ensures consistency and rewards good behaviour - there is minimal low level disruption in classrooms meaning you can make a real difference to our students
- a strong staff community and positive team culture
- one additional non-contact period per fortnight for CPD activities - CPD is research led and starts as soon as you are appointed
- subject specific policies focused on what is right for you as a department - we do not have bureaucratic and onerous policies
- regular feedback from learning walks and work scrutinies helping you to continuously develop - no formal graded lesson observations
- a very pleasant coastal location where you can stroll along the seafront after a day in the classroom - the English Department has been known to hold their weekly meetings on the beach in Summer!
You will be:
- an inspirational Teacher of English who can consistently teach excellent, engaging lessons
- a determined and innovative practitioner with a desire to succeed and to help others to do so
- a team player who is keen to work with others and proactively does whatever it takes to achieve the outcomes that enable students to make ambitious life choices
- aligned to our values and mission - if you believe in our core principles you will love being part of HSLC!
To find out more about the school and English department ‘follow’ @hornseaschool and @HSLC_English on Twitter or ‘like’ Hornsea School & Language College on Facebook.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Advert No: HSLC002960
Closing Date: 3pm 12 April 2021
Hornsea School and Language College
East Riding of Yorkshire
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years