PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
MIXED 11-16 COMPREHENSIVE
Teacher of English
Main Pay Scale (MPS)
Priory is a very successful school with an excellent reputation. The school is consistently oversubscribed yet has a genuinely comprehensive intake. The Governors of this successful school seek to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of English, on a permanent, full time basis from September 2019.
The successful applicant will have:
- A commitment to high expectations, with the ability to inspire and challenge students.
- Develop targeted learning resources to support the diverse make-up of the student body.
- A proven track record of impacting upon students' learning.
- The ability to teach English at KS3 and KS4.
- A clear understanding of current and future curriculum developments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The attributes to be a strong form tutor.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
The post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher.
The Salary is Main Pay Scale (MPS)
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk under ‘ staff vacancies’.
For any queries please contact the Personnel Officer, Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2XN. Telephone: 01273 476231 extension 211 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9.00 a.m. Friday 22nd March 2019.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning, 25th March 2019.
Please return application forms to the Personnel Officer at the above address or email email@example.com
Please note that if you have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date then we regret that your application has not been successful.
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for this authority.