Ratton is at an exciting phase in its development. In December 2017, we formed a multi-academy trust (MAT), the South Downs Learning Trust, with one of our partner junior schools. The vision for the new MAT is to develop outstanding provision for all children. In the longer term, there would be opportunities to work across both schools.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and forward thinking school. We are looking for an imaginative and skilled Teacher of English who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people.
You will be joining an innovative and successful English department. Last year 78% of students achieved Grades 9-4 and above in an English GCSE. English Literature and English Language results were equally strong. As a result of highly effective teaching, students in all years make excellent progress.
You will be joining an ambitious and highly supportive organisation which offers:
- An excellent induction prograame for teachers joining the school;
- A strong commitment to professional development which will improve your leadership skills, develop your understanding of whole school issues and prepare you for the next stage in your career;
- Motivated and enthusiastic learners who respond very well to active and engaging teaching and work well independently;
- A strong team ethos across the department and whole school.
This is an exciting post with the potential for career development as part of an ambitious and innovative school. You will:
- be able to demonstrate/incorporate the school virtues in all aspects of your work;
- need to be an innovative teacher who is able to teach across KS3 and KS4;
- be supported by the Learning Director and Lead Teacher.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Bamford, Learning Director, at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application and hearing why you believe you have the passion, commitment and talent to join Ratton School.