We are looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic Teacher of English to join our British School Team. This is a role that will involve teaching First Language English and English Literature and therefore not suited to ESL or TEFL teachers.
You will need:
● A Teaching qualification that meets the requirements of your home-country (B.Ed,
PGCE, GDE etc)
● Minimum 3 years post-qualification teaching experience in similar role and subject area.
Skills and Knowledge
● Experience teaching English to both KS3 and GCSE is essential
● Experience of teaching English Language and English Literature to KS3 and KS4.
● Experience of working with the IB MYP is desirable
● Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
● Willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
● Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to prioritize and organize your own work.
● Ability to work effectively to a high standard, on occasion, under pressure, meeting
● Knowledge of Health and Safety & Safeguarding/Child Protection procedures and their
● Knowledge of the use of technology in the classroom and via remote learning and the
ability to use ICT tools for record-keeping and as an instructional tool.
● Ability to act as a form tutor and offer enrichment and extracurricular activities
El Alsson School Egypt is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
El Alsson British & American International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
About El Alsson, British & American International School
El Alsson NEWGIZA is a private international school offering the choice between British and American education. Having moved to its newly established campus at NEWGIZA in ...