We are seeking an English teacher with a passion for speech, language and communication who will divide their time between working in our specialist resource provision for speech, language and communication and teaching their own classes.
This position is ideal for someone who would like to play a key role in supporting us to become a communication friendly school, ensuring excellent standards of learning and achievement for all our students. The successful candidate will have the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike and will be flexible, innovative and enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for our students. We are proud of the diversity of our community and welcome and actively encourage applications from people from all backgrounds.
We are a friendly, dynamic school where we are proud of our aspirational students. We work in partnership with supportive parents/carers and external agencies to meet the academic, emotional and spiritual needs of all our students.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding practitioner, with the energy to inspire, motivate and challenge students
• Ideally have a qualification in speech, language and communication or SEND, or be committed to achieving this
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be a real team player
• Be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated
• Believe in the right of every student to succeed
• Support our Catholic ethos and contribute to our core vision and values
St Ignatius College is:
• A well-respected, oversubscribed Jesuit Community committed to the academic, spiritual and personal development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
• A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
• A school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support” and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
• A school where students are courteous, respectful and keen to succeed
• Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
What we offer:
• Progression Opportunities
• An experienced and dedicated staff who share their excellent practice with each other
• A school that enables students to flourish and be enthusiastic about their learning
• A collaborative, outward looking and over-subscribed school
• Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school, with access to free parking
Please complete our application form to be found at http://www.st-ignatius.enfield.sch.uk/291/staff-vacancies and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are strongly encouraged to visit our school. To arrange a visit please contact Ms Bapodra (P.A to Headteacher) on email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday 1 March 2021with interviews being held the following week.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
St Ignatius College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years