In 2017 pupils made more progress in English than their peers did nationally - Ofsted 2018.
At Ebor Academy Filey we offer an exciting career choice and a real opportunity for giving ambitious teachers the chance to influence our school and its community for the better.
We are on the up and you can be a part of that team making good things happen. Job satisfaction will not come greater than this.
Ebor Academy Filey is a vibrant, successful 11-16 Academy and proud to serve the coastal communities around Filey. Over the last two years our school has transformed under solid and sustained leadership and we are now a host school to Teach First, have a lead teacher within Ebor Academy Trust and we are a coaching school for Ambition School Leadership.
Mnay of our staff commute from both within the East Riding and across our coastal communities.
We are looking for a teacher of English who:
- Is passionate about teaching and has a creative and flexible approach for all key stages;
- Will model best practise in teaching and learning across the department and support the development of quality teaching within the department;
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment;
- Will play a key role in leading aspects of faculty CPD.
Students are highly motivated and are eager to achieve thanks to a vibrant and enthusiastic group of practitioners who display a huge passion for high quality teaching and learning in English.
What we offer:-
- A regular and bespoke CPD programme as soon as you are appointed;
- We do not grade observations; we believe that trusting our teachers with automony to improve creates a strong, vibrant staff culture;
- A knowledge based curriculum in which teachers are encouraged to teach without constraint.
Come and visit us to meet a team of students and staff who are making Ebor Academy Filey one of the best schools within North Yorkshire and the East Riding.
We actively welcome a visit where you will have the opportunity to meet the Headteacher, Mr Andy Galbraith and other members of the team.
Ebor Academy Filey is part of the North Yorkshire Opportunity agenda that is a true partnership between the Local Authority, NYBEP, schools, colleges and local employers to improve the life chances of our children and young people on the Coast.
The date of commencment for this post will be 1 September 2018. Interviews will be held on Thursday 28 June 2018.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 26 June 2018 at 9.00 a.m.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role or to get for an application pack please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939.
To arrange a visit please contact Linda Hinchliffe (Headteacher's P.A) at email@example.com or on 01723 518108. An application pack and further details can be found on our website at www.filey.ebor.academy
You can also apply online directly by visiting www.eboracademytrust-careers.co.uk/vacancies
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for this post and it is subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.