We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic and knowledgeable English teacher to join our experienced and successful department in January / April 2019. The post is suitable for an NQT as well as more experienced colleagues, and presents an ideal opportunity for development within a large and inclusive Faculty which embraces innovative teaching strategies to achieve strong attainment. As a large Faculty area we are able to offer a range of Post 16 courses including Media and Film Studies as well as the core English offer. The Faculty also offers a variety of extra-curricular opportunities to support the work in the classroom.
Forest Hill is a popular 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer including a strong focus on the Performing Arts. Our joint Sixth Form - SFH6 - consistently achieves higher than national grades and has been judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted (Dec 2017). The leadership of the school has resulted in the school being “well-placed to move forward” (Ofsted Dec 2017) and we are committed to improving the educational outcomes of young people. We are a community school where “pupils are cared for well” and “are helped to overcome social and personal challenges.” (Ofsted Dec 2017)
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic English teacher with a range of teaching experiences
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Note - we do not accept CVs, and applications must be submitted on the Lewisham Teacher Application Form, available from the School Website. Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged with the Faculty Lead, Richard Lamb – please contact the school.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Wednesday 21st November with interviews scheduled for Monday 26th November. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and our interview process includes lesson observation.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.