Teacher of English.
This is a remote-based role with travel to our Wrexham office at least 2 days per week (more being advantageous).
What Tute does is simple: our team of qualified teachers deliver live, online lessons to schools, LAs and non-mainstream settings to fill gaps in the education of children young people.
Tute's teachers deliver lessons live in our safeguarded online classroom, providing a rich and flexible curriculum to Key Stages 1-5 in over 30 subjects. Tute teachers are real teachers delivering real outcomes to students across the UK, they just happen to do it online.
Tute is an approved Tuition Partner in the Government’s National Tutoring Programme and is growing its team to meet demand. The NTP makes high-quality tutoring available to schools to help disadvantaged pupils whose education has been affected by school closures.
Tute creates equality in education by bringing the best teaching and learning to all children and young people. It is our expectation that everyone in our team supports our policy to treat all students, staff, and commissioning bodies fairly and equally.
The principal purpose of this role is to deliver outstanding teaching to disadvantaged learners to give them the best chance at achieving, despite the gaps caused by school closure.
If you answer yes to the below questions, then we want you as part of #TeamTute!
• Are you committed to safeguarding children and young people?
• Are you passionate about teaching and learning?
• Is pedagogy a part of your everyday vocabulary?
• Can you demonstrate thorough curriculum knowledge?
• Do you value assessment?
• Do you seek professional development?
• Do your students love your lessons?
• Can you manage change and a fast pace?
You will join a team of teachers who are fully qualified, are DBS-checked and are experienced online teaching and learning practitioners. It is their profession and they are as passionate about student outcomes as any other teacher – that’s why they do what they do day in, day out.
Our teachers know what works. they have designed and refined a pedagogy that facilitates progress in the online environment they have delivered over 55,000 live lessons in our online classroom – The Learning Cloud – specifically built with teaching and learning at the forefront. They will train and mentor you so that you too become a professional in this field.
You will be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, teaches and assesses effectively, takes responsibility for professional development and has students who achieve well. You are a dynamic individual who works well with others, and has a natural passion for teaching and learning.
Delivering lessons in an online classroom does not make you any less of a teacher. This is a profession - you will plan, you will teach, you will assess, you will build relationships, you will have fun, you will support, you will facilitate progress... you will make a difference. That’s the reason you chose our profession in the first place.
• Plan, deliver and evaluate lessons in Tute’s online platform
• Create dynamic resources to meet meaningful learning objectives in line with Tute’s pedagogical structure and guidance
• Create stimulating and challenging learning opportunities
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations through tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
• Make effective use of Learning Cloud functions to create an engaging learning environment that promotes progress
• Enable students to acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
• Liaise with the HoTL to ensure the implementation of department policy and best practice
• Differentiate planning and teaching according to students’ educational needs e.g. ALN/SEND, MAT/G&T, CLA. ASD, SEMH
• Nurture the emotional, intellectual, spiritual, creative and physical wellbeing of all pupils by following safeguarding procedures
• Stimulate children’s curiosity as well as desire and love of learning
• Provide frequent, timely and purposeful feedback frequently that contributes to pupils’ progress and suggests ways to improve
• Facilitate learning by creating an environment in which behaviour facilitates progress, in line with the behaviour policy
How to apply: Please complete the application form attached and send to the below email.
For further information or a confidential discussion about the role please contact Tom Nutley (Consultant at Tes): firstname.lastname@example.org
Tute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and contractors to share this commitment.
Working with Tute is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore subject to possession of an enhanced certificate of disclosure issued by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and barred list check.
Tute adheres to the statutory safer recruitment procedures issued by the DfE. Tute promotes policies of equality opportunity for both staff and students.
Tute Education Limited
Remote working with travel to Wrexham