Our vision is to develop world class students who have the belief in themselves that anything is possible and go on to lead happy and successful lives. If you feel that you too could play a part in helping us achieve that vision, for every student, then this could be the role for you. We would love to work with you if you are hungry to grow and learn and have a keen interest in becoming the best teacher you can be, by building effective relationships and instilling in students the same love of English that you yourself will have.
The Misbourne is an aspirational and friendly place to work where every student and member of staff is a valued member of our community. Whether you are starting out in your career or looking for your next challenge, our English department has a breadth and depth of experience, with colleagues who thrive in a hard-working and innovative team built over many years. With strong and consistent leadership you can be assured of a genuine commitment to supporting your day-to-day practice and long-term professional development.
We will work closely with you to support your career goals and offer high-calibre CPD and opportunities for future promotion within your subject and the wider school. We are looking for one thing in return: a relentless pursuit of excellence in everything you do.
We can offer you:
• Students who genuinely want to be here and to learn
• An experienced, friendly and supportive team who are collaborative in all aspects of their work.
• The opportunity to teach from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5 with a curriculum offer including separate English Language and English Literature A-Levels, as well as A-Level Media.
• A dedicated classroom for all of your lessons
• An evidence informed approach to school improvement, only implementing what we feel will make the biggest difference to the lives and outcomes of our young people, being mindful of staff workload and well-being
• A genuine commitment to support your career development through our CPD programme, described by Ofsted as ‘exemplary’.
• Your own laptop in addition to a desktop PC in your classroom.
This post would suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher. If this role interests you, please visit the ‘Joining Us’ area on our website: www.themisbourne.co.uk or contact our HR & Compliance Officer, Natalie Green at HR@themisbourne.co.uk for further information and an application form. Letters of application should be addressed to the Headteacher, Jo Meloni, on no more than two side of A4 equivalent, no smaller than font size 11.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24 February 2021 at 12 noon. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 2 March 2021, although we reserve our right to interview early for exceptional candidates. Please email your completed application to: HR@themisbourne.co.uk
The Misbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references, DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure and medical clearance.
Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years