Sha Tin College Website: http://www.shatincollege.edu.hk
Sha Tin College, an 11-18 international school with 1,200 students, is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Teacher of Eenglish, IBMYP/IBDP to start in August 2021.
Teachers are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the guidance and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities.
Teachers work as part of the Faculty/Department team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Faculty/Department, and have expected roles to fulfill.
Working as part of the Faculty/Department team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Faculty/Department, the subject teacher is expected to fulfill the following roles:
- Providing learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
- Establishing effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
- Provide a safe, effective, challenging learning environment and an attractive and welcoming classroom.
- Teaching students, as timetabled, including the setting and marking of work.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Co-operating with other staff on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety.
- Keeping up to date on teaching and international educational developments and sharing enthusiasm and resources with other teachers.
- Attending professional development programmes, participating in INSET courses and attending professional meetings which relate to curricular, administrative or organisational matters as required; scheduled by Head of Faculty, Head of Department and Senior Leadership Team.
- Participating in the school system of cover for absent teachers.
- Participating in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations.
- Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
- Performing the pastoral duties of a teacher
- Taking responsibility for the safety of students through supervision duties
- Contributing to the co-curricular programme.
- Performing other duties which may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal.
The above list is neither exhaustive nor definitive and is subject to change in accordance with departmental and school needs.
There are also additional negotiated leadership roles within the Department to support and enhance professional development.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in the relevant subject with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent;
- 1-3 years’ teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation.
Please contact Lorna Gomes at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information about the post.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
ESF Sha Tin College is committed to providing the best possible teaching and learning experiences for every individual through the medium of English. The education provided leads to a variety of internationally recognised examinations, granting students access to higher education and career opportunities worldwide.
Unique to Sha Tin College is a culture where we take responsibility for fulfilling our own potential and that of others for the good of humanity at all levels. Ample opportunities exist to challenge students to become mature, open-minded, caring, responsible and committed individuals with a passion for learning, creativity, sports and a sense of compassion.
With commanding views over the Sha Tin countryside, the College boasts a swimming pool and multi- purpose sports hall, music rooms, drama studios, design and technology workshops, science labs and a food technology centre, Senior School Centre, climbing walls, and a Counselling and Well-being Centre.
Sha Tin College - ESF
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Sha Tin College is one of the leading IBO World Schools in Asia with a student population of 1200, comprising over 30 different nationalities. It is an independent, coeducational, secondary school within the English Schools Foundation - the largest i...