TEACHER OF ENGLISH i/c ITT
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Romford Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Full Time – Permanent
MPR/UPR + TLR2B + Additional Time as required
incl. Outer London Weighting
Required for September 2020
Are you an English teacher looking for a fresh opportunity, next step and new challenge? Looking to work in a great department to further your career?
Would you like to work in a high achieving department - English attainment at GCSE level has been in the highest 20% of schools nationally for the past 3 years?
Frances Bardsley has an exciting vacancy for a Teacher of English in charge of Initial Teacher Training and we are looking for people who:
• Are passionate about English
• Are committed to raising standards across all key stages
• Can plan creatively for high quality teaching, learning and assessment
• Can deliver highly effective and engaging lessons
• Have passion for teaching, the desire and ability to develop and enthuse those in their early years of teaching
• The ability to liaise professionally with ITT advisors
• Have the ability to motivate and inspire both students and teachers
• Are organised and efficient
• Want to challenge and help develop amazing young women
What we can offer you:
• Excellent professional development and opportunities for promotion
• The opportunity to work with and learn from an outstanding team of experienced teachers in a friendly department
• The opportunity to teach across all key stages including English Language and English Literature A-levels
• Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
• A fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
• Excellent track record of results at both GCSE and A Level
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2019 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
As founding school of the dynamic LIFE Education Trust we work collaboratively with schools in Havering and Essex and are fully committed to the LIFE vision: “Dare to Achieve.”
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
At FBA, the students are a joy to teach and you will be part of a positive environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence.
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Executive Headteacher by 9am Tuesday 31st March. Interviews will be held promptly. The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’. To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on Twitter @FBA_Official
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.