MPS/UPS (Outer London)
Start Date: September 2021
Suitable for NQTs
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well qualified teacher of English. Should the successful candidate be inclined, there may be the opportunity to teach some Drama. The successful candidate must be a person with energetic passion and commitment for the subject and who can instil a love of learning by delivering inspirational and fun lessons. NQTs are welcome to apply.
Coombe Boys’ is a popular and highly successful non-selective 11-18 school that is federated with Coombe Girls’ School and three local primary schools to comprise the Coombe Academy Trust, based in New Malden. Coombe Boys’ has approximately 900 students on roll, including a mixed sixth form.
Results at GCSE and in the Sixth Form are significantly above national averages and the school was graded Good with Outstanding Leadership & Management in its most recent Ofsted inspection (March 2018).
We are proud of our innovative and forward thinking learning culture and our partnerships enable us to provide a wide range of opportunities for career development.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- An exciting teaching job in an outstanding multi academy trust.
- Fantastic support from your line managers and the Senior Leadership Team.
- A guaranteed CPD plan which is tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ level study.
- A touch screen Chromebook with G Suite education.
- Excellent location with fast rail and bus links to London and the surrounding area.
- Free on site parking.
- Teacher Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as cycle to work scheme and retail discounts.
- Access to an Employee Wellbeing Programme including counselling and mentoring.
- An enthusiastic Staff Association.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Place the learner at the centre of everything they do.
- Be a strong classroom practitioner.
- Be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Have a calm and approachable disposition when dealing with students and staff.
- Be well organised and efficient; keeping to deadlines and encouraging others to do so.
- A willingness to learn to effectively use Google Classroom and related systems.
- Have high personal standards and the ability to motivate others to sustain those standards.
- Have a vision of the developments you would like to see in your subject in the future.
- Be able to provide a stimulating learning environment.
Closing date: 10am, Tuesday 2nd March 2021
We encourage early applications and withhold the right to close any vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
Coombe Boys' School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Coombe Boys' School is a non-denominational secondary with co-educational sixth form in Kingston, South London. As of the most recent inspection there were 838 students on the school roll, of which 126 were in the sixth form. The school has held acad...