New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time teacher.
NCBIS is the leading British international school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students. It is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE/GCSE examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by CIS and we are executive members of COBIS.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
- Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice
- Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications.
- Have proven experience of teaching to at least IBDP and/or A’ Level .
- Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality.
- Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice
- Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not for profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary paid in GBP
- Accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive free international private medical cover
- Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
- Return air passage to base country each year
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service) and/or for a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at www.ncbis.co.uk
To apply please complete the attached application form and send to InternationalEducation@hays.com Or call Penny Kontopyrghou to find out more about this opportunity on 0207 2598771/ 00447595 968 600
Please feel free to send a CV and a letter of application, in addition to the application form, with a recent photo.
The closing date for applications is Saturday, April 28th 2018. The school reserves the rights to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Initial interviews will be held by Skype.