Reference – AG9
Plus, access to an individually tailored CPD package.
Abbey Grange is a thriving, highly successful and over-subscribed 11-18 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. Our students come from all over the city to receive an education in which we all work together to challenge them academically, support them pastorally and help them develop socially and spiritually. Abbey Grange is part of the Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
Our goal is to become an outstanding Academy that delivers on our mission - In Partnership to 'Educate, Nurture and Empower' and we are well on our way to achieving this. Ofsted graded us a 'good' school in February 2017 and we celebrated our GCSE results in 2017 with 79.5% of our students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths (old A*-C).
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated teacher to join our successful English Department. The successful candidate will show a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students. You will be required to teach throughout the age and ability range to GCSE. The ability to teach A Level would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate teacher to join a successful and CPD focused department where new initiatives are welcomed and encouraged.
As a Teacher we will nurture, challenge and support you throughout your career here at Abbey Grange.
You will be:
- A routinely good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach all aspects of English KS3/KS4 and potentially KS5
- A colleague looking to either start or further your career within a supportive team
- Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
- Inspirational to colleagues and students - sharing best practice
We can offer:
- An Academy and English Department that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active part on our journey to becoming ‘outstanding’
- Tailored CPD with a commitment to support your career ambitions, free car parking and personal iPad
- A Department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our Academy. If you are looking to join an Academy with happy positive and polite students and staff then we want to hear from you.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Anne-Marie Roper.
To apply please download recruitment pack and email completed application form to Miss Fuller – Payroll & HR Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Wednesday 7 February with interviews scheduled to take place W/C Monday 26 February due to half term holidays.
Abbey Grange C of E Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
ABBEY GRANGE C of E ACADEMY
Butcher Hill, Leeds, |Executive Principal: Carol Kitson, Principal: Jon Norden | NOR: 1510
Principal: Mr Jon Norden