At Lostock Hall Academy we are committed to providing our students with the education and the personal development they need to reach their goals. Through a Growth Mindset approach, we promote a can do attitude to learning, with guided pathways into further and higher education and ultimately, to the career that they want to pursue.
Lostock Hall Academy is first and foremost a happy school. Students enjoy lessons and the relationships between staff and students are excellent, this has been frequently noted by visitors and is mentioned as a strength of the school in the recent Ofsted report. Students behave well and have a good attitude to learning in the classroom.
This post is an excellent opportunity to join a dedicated, innovative and growing community in pursuit of achievement for all. To build on recent examination success, Lostock Hall Academy is seeking to appoint an ‘outstanding’ teacher of English to join a highly successful team of experienced English teachers.
The successful candidate will:
• Be confident in teaching the GCSE standards
• Have outstanding subject knowledge in English
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner
• Be an active member of the English team and wider ‘Global Faculty’
• Have experience of achieving more than expected progress with students
• Be fastidious, analytical and proactive in using assessment data to inform teaching
• Believe in the potential and growth of all students
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and willing to innovate strategies to secure progress for all
• Be able to work with a blended curriculum and be flexible in your teaching methods and approaches
• Be creative, persistent and resilient in supporting students
• Be committed to developing enrichment opportunities for students
• Have the ability to reflect on students' progress and create schemes of work that are informed by fine data and observed need
• Be able to use their own initiative.
What makes LHA special -
- Lostock Hall Academy is situated in the leafy suburb of Lostock Hall, Preston, which has great access routes just 1.5 miles from the M65 & M6.
- It is a wonderful school to work at where you can be part of a very supportive team. Teachers and support staff here work extremely hard in the best interests of all of the students.
- We like to develop the potential in all of our staff so CPD is offered and encouraged. Being a small school allows us to easily share best practice and our experienced members of staff gain satisfaction from passing on knowledge to ITT students.
For any other information, please direct all enquiries to:
email@example.com - PA to Principal / Personnel Manager
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April 2021 9am.
Interviews: Thursday 15th April 2021 - specific time to be advised.
Lostock Hall Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable people, therefore all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references.
Lostock Hall Academy
Lostock Hall, Preston
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years