Teacher of English – September 2018
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet. Our English results are consistently strong with our 2017 results at GCSE and A-Level above national averages. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results (ALPS grade 2) offers both A Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications. Following the appointment of a new Headteacher in September 2016, Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school which resulted in outstanding outcomes for students and a feature in the 2017 Parliamentary Review showcasing best practice.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of English who will join a dynamic and committed department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach English at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of English or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a highly successful English team that has an exceptional track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL.
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear DBS check to an enhanced level.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 18th March 2018 (12 noon)