Teacher of English
Start date: December 2021 or earlier in the term
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Maternity Cover until 31st October 2022 or the return of the postholder
Salary: MPR (£25,714 - £36,961)
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious Teacher of English to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
English enjoys a high profile in the school. The English department is creative and energetic and students achieve highly. This is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher with a passion for English who can engage and enthuse students.
What we need:
• A passion for English and an ongoing interest in literature
• An interest in teaching all facets of the English curriculum
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of students and of yourself
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
Come to work in a skilled and supportive environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal to the address above.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am on Thursday 16th September 2021.
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 19 years