HD Ningbo, a member of the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding English Teacher to our middle and senior school team. This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Since opening in August 2014, HD Ningbo has quickly grown into the City’s leading bilingual school. Located in the district of Yinzhou, HD Ningbo sits on an outstanding 140,000m2 site and will grow to accommodate 2,000 students aged 3-18. Like the other schools within the Hurtwood House China family (Beijing, Shanghai & Qingdao), HD Ningbo delivers a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education. The School not only benefits from being part of the successful network of HD Schools in China, but also from its strong relationship with Hurtwood House, our partner school in the UK.
We want our English Teacher to be someone who:
-can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their students
- can deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated English curriculum for all pupils in their care
- always set high expectations, which inspire motivate and challenge students
- ensures excellent pastoral care.
- contributes to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
- works co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff
- is prepared to go the extra mile.
The successful candidate will have:
• A subject relevant degree from an established university (required)
• PGCE/QTS or equivalent (required)
• Hold a passport from an English-speaking country (required due to visa restrictions)
• 2 or more years of full time, school based, teaching experience (required)
• Excellent working knowledge of middle/secondary school English curricula (required) – English National Curriculum preferred
• Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language (desirable)
• Experience of working in the independent sector (desirable)
- A competitive salary scale based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Full remission for tuition fees of staff children in accordance with HD schools’ policies
How to Apply
For further information about HD Ningbo and this role, please download the candidate information pack and accompanying job specification. You can view our introductory video by pasting the link below to your browser:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the TES portal. Covering letters must be no longer than one side of A4 and should set out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirement and your ambitions for the school.
First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and interviews arranged accordingly. Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Monika Fryzicka on email@example.com should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
Safeguarding and Data Protection
HD Ningbo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks. By applying to this post, I agree to my data being held and processed by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates. If I am appointed to the post I also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates.
HD Ningbo School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Following its high-profile launch in 2014, HD Ningbo School has quickly become the City’s leading bilingual school. Set on a first-class campus in the Yinzhou district of Ningbo, the School offers a genuinely outstanding bilingual education that ble...