We wish to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and inspiring Teacher of English to join our thriving department.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for language and literature and will enjoy making a lively contribution to co-curricular activities. The post would be suitable for a NQT or a more experienced teacher.
English at Norwich High School is a vibrant subject taught by a committed team. Our aim is to encourage every student to attain excellent skills of communication, analysis and interpretation through a strong personal engagement with the subject. We teach the CIE IGCSE English Language and English Literature courses. The OCR A level English Literature course is a popular choice for Sixth Form students and the department has a good track record of students going on to study English at university.
As a Girls’ Day School Trust school, Norwich High School benefits from being part of the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, giving us unrivalled opportunities for training, collaboration and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
We can offer a variety of benefits, which include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
Full details of the post and an application form may be obtained from the Girls’ Day School Trust website by clicking the apply button.
A letter of application addressed to the Head and a detailed CV should be included with your application form. Please note that CVs without a completed school application form cannot be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 4th March 2021.
Interview date: Thursday 11th March 2021.
Norwich High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
Norwich High School for Girls GDST
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 18 years