Are you a creative English Teacher that likes to think outside the box when delivering the curriculum?
Would you like to implement literacy, intervention or Gifted and Talented programmes?
Do you want to be part of a team that support each other and actively encourages your development?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit Teachers of English who want to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development, and at present, we have 12 staff in our team but as we are expanding our PAN and curriculum time, we are looking to increase the numbers in the department. The team is relatively young and new, with two second in department’s who were internally promoted following them taking on small projects in the department to develop their leadership skills. We have a lively debating team and the student voice is led by a member of English across the school. We run Accelerated Reader and are looking to develop a comprehensive extra-curricular timetable for September.
Our English team are passionate about delivering the AQA English curriculum in an engaging, lively and inspiring way and we are, therefore, looking for someone creative who thinks outside of the box and believes in change. We have some really brilliant opportunities for forward-thinking candidates that would like to:
- Coach and mentor other members of the department
- Implement new ideas and changes that will support students or improve overall attainment
- Develop intervention, Gifted & Talented or cross curricular literacy programmes
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
… If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
- Start Date: September 2018 / July 2018 start for NQT’s who wish to start earlier
- Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale (dependent on experience)
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good; leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd May at 12pm Interviews: Friday 25th May
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to our job description in your application/cover letter as this forms the basis of our shortlisting. If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.