We believe that a handful of years spent at Brooke Weston Academy will open up a lifetime of opportunities for children. We believe that these opportunities are created by inspirational teachers like you.
We want to appoint an exceptional Teacher of English to start at the Academy from September 2019 on a one year fixed term maternity cover. As a specialist you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of English up to KS5. If this role excites you, please get in touch, or even better, come and visit us. We want to hear from you.
Brooke Weston Academy is unusual, and exceptional. We are an innovative and ambitious 11-18 secondary Academy set in the heart of Corby. We are committed to supporting and challenging our students to reach their full potential, inside and outside of the classroom. Our school was founded 26 years ago in order to transform the education of young people in the community, and we have. Yes, we are outstanding, driven by the needs of our students and our core values. We are never complacent and always restless to improve. Our Academy was born out of the need for change, to be different and innovative; we were designed to be a laboratory of learning in an educational area of disadvantage. We are valued within our community with almost 1000 students applying for the 180 places in year 7 this year. We are proud to be a high performing state comprehensive with a traditional curriculum but one which also highly values the arts, drama, sport and dance. The success of this vision led to the creation of the Brooke Weston Trust and the Brooke Weston Teaching School Alliance with a mission to ‘go to the most difficult places and do good’.
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our Academy is:
· Warm, welcoming and inclusive thanks to an incredibly talented team of staff
· A place that lives and breathes its values, with students at the heart of every decision
· A school where students love learning, want to learn and are deeply curious about their subjects: behaviour in our school is exceptional
· Committed to creative and bespoke professional learning for all staff
· An immaculate and professional environment with state of the art facilities, set in a large campus surrounded by beautiful landscape
· A high energy and rewarding place to work
· Highly successful: results in all Key Stages are exceptional and we are incredibly proud of the success we have with our disadvantaged and SEND students.
· Our Academy is in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress and subjects are consistently significantly above the national average
In addition to a fantastic learning environment we offer the following employee benefits:
· A dynamic and supportive staff body led by a highly experienced leadership team
· A focus on bespoke professional learning with opportunities to participate and lead Teaching School activities
· Generous PPA allowance equivalent to one day per week
· Breakfast and lunch for all staff in our restaurant
· Subsided professional gym on site
· Variety of salary sacrifice schemes
· Laptop provided to all staff
English at Brooke Weston Academy
· Dedicated subject area and classrooms with the latest touchscreen technology
· Fully staffed with specialist teachers
· Well-resourced departmental budgets, access to cutting edge technology and one of the most beautiful libraries you will ever see in a school
· 85% of our students achieved 9-4 (A*-C) in 2017/18
A great place to live and work
Corby is a vibrant and growing town in Northamptonshire, reinventing itself from its steel past into a popular commuter town for London. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside and market towns. This is a community that our team love to work and live in.
How to apply
Further details about the Academy, the above position and details of how to apply can be found on our website www.brookeweston.org or by telephoning 01536 396366. Applications may be submitted in writing addressed to the Principal or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 June 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 24 June 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.