Are you an educator who wants to make a real difference?Saltus has the following opportunities open for applications commencing September 2020
Saltus Grammar School (Saltus) is a high achieving, co-educational day school educating students between the ages of 4 and 18. The school (Saltus) is a leading independent school in Bermuda and enjoys an excellent reputation in the local and international community. The school has a Primary Department, which embraces the Foundation Year, the Lower Primary and the Upper Primary years, and a Secondary Department which includes Middle School (Years 7-9) and Senior School (Years 10 &11) and Saltus Graduate Years (SGY1, SGY2). The school’s international curriculum blends the best of both UK and North American traditions, including its highly regarded Advanced Placement Programme. In addition to academic excellence, particular emphasis is placed on the all-round development of students.
Teacher of English
The successful candidate must have the experience teaching English for Middle School and Senior School levels. Experience and ability to teach (i)GCSE preferred. Experience in and ability to teach Advanced Placement English is required. Experience and ability teaching Debating and Public Speaking an asset.
Additional positions of responsibility may be available for qualified candidates.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Must be a qualified graduate post-secondary education at the university level with appropriate academic credentials demonstrating a high level of expertise in the teaching discipline
• Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience
• Provides a learning environment that enables individual learners to thrive within a differentiated and highly motivating learning environment
• Responsible for the delivery of a creative, innovative and student centered programme
• Lifelong learner and reflective practitioner with demonstrated ability to keep up to date in subject area, teaching pedagogies and resources
• Responsive practitioner with the ability to make appropriate changes to learning and teaching strategies and activities as needed
• Demonstrates highly professional, collaboration and communication skills with all stakeholders and colleagues in a positive manner
• Demonstrated ability and experience using a variety of teaching pedagogies in an inquiry based programme, such as problem and project-based learning, Harkness, Socratic, as well as direct instruction
• Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change in an ever evolving and fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability and experience using a variety of assessment and evaluation methodologies conducive to an inquiry based programme, including student led conferences and the use of an online reporting system
• Demonstrated understanding of and a commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Strategic Vision of Saltus
• Committed to participating in extracurricular activities and being an active participant in the broader life of the school
• Ability to handle confidential information with diplomacy and tact always
• Must be licensed or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council
• Sense of humor
• Clean criminal record
Candidates are requested to e-mail a cover letter and resume to the People & Culture Department at:
Saltus Grammar School
P.O. Box HM 2224, Hamilton HM JX, Bermuda
All applications must include contact details of three persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, at least one of whom should be your current employer.