The Stockwood Park Academy are making preparations for September 2020. We are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of English who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development. We have a lively debating team and the student voice is led by a member of English across the school. We run Accelerated Reader and are continuing to offer a comprehensive extra-curricular timetable.
Our English team are passionate about delivering the AQA English curriculum in an engaging, lively and inspiring way and we are, therefore, looking for someone creative who thinks outside of the box and believes in change.
There is also a possibility for the right candidate to take up responsibility for KS4 students. Your main focus will be to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students. You will develop Key Stage 4 English content, building on prior knowledge and improving achievement.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of pupil needs, and ensure equal opportunity for all pupils
• To ensure continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
• To have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programmes of study, level descriptors and specifications for examination courses.
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant experience as an English Teacher
• Ability to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning.
• Ability to deliver high quality lessons, evaluate the impact of these and develop future planning accordingly.
• Excellent communication and team-working skills
• Passion, creativity and energy towards your subject area and educating young people.
• Start Date: September 2020
• Salary: MPS / UPS - £24,373 - £40,490 (dependent on experience)
(+ TLR for KS4 Lead role)
• Job Role: Full time, 1 year FTC in the first instance
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
The Stockwood Park Academy plan to conduct Skype interviews if the schools remained closed.