Salary negotiable and dependent on experience. A TLR may be available for the right candidate.
Please note: You do not need to be Catholic to apply.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and passionate English Teacher to join our successful English Department. The Department has seven members of staff who teach across all abilities in all year groups, up to and including A Level.
To be successful, you will have passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways to engage the students through a variety of different ways. You should be someone of energy, good humour and commitment.
Thomas More Catholic School is an above national average, popular 11 – 19 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. We are a very stable school where positive change is taking place. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. Our 6th Form is rapidly growing in size. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas. We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Twilight CPD Sessions for all staff
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
- Opportunities for career development through our high commitment to CPD
- 2018 - Progress 8: +0.08 / Attainment 8: 46.2
- 2017 - Progress 8: -0.10 / Attainment 8: 43.7
- 2016 - Progress 8: +0.28 / Attainment 8: 50.5
If you are a proven excellent practitioner in the classroom, please apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 30th November 2018
Interview dates will be decided upon shortlisting
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).