Teacher of English (NQTs welcome to apply)
Start Date: September 2021
Contract: 1 year temporary (in the first instance), full time
Winterhill is a vibrant 11-16 comprehensive school based 5 minutes from Meadowhall and J34 of the M1.
We are proud of our school and community- we are a high achieving, inclusive school who believe that “everyone succeeds” and that personal development is as important as academic achievement. We encourage a family feel where staff and students follow our ethos, emphasising respect, responsibility and resilience.
We wish to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic English Teacher to teach across the ability range at key stages three and four.
Winterhill School has a reputation for innovation and the pursuit of excellence, with a strong record of progress for all. We are now on a journey to be outstanding and if you are interested in joining us you will need to be:
• A vibrant and motivating classroom practitioner who will bring the subject alive for our students.
• Able to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons that ensure the progress of all students, regardless of their ability.
• A team player.
• A role model of the school’s ethos – ‘The Winterhill Way’.
We will offer you:
• Students who want to learn, and an environment conducive to outstanding teaching.
• A friendly, supportive and energetic team.
• Quality CPD and experiences that will help you to develop, whatever stage of your career.
For more information or an application pack, please contact our recruitment partner Paula Read on 07966 403947 or email@example.com For more information about the school please visit; https://webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/winterhill-school
The closing deadline for this role is: Thursday 15th April at 9am.
Winterhill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years