‘Active Citizens Future Leaders’
Teacher of English
Grove Academy Slough
Required September 2021
Due to our expansion, an exciting post has become available at our state-of-the-art school. This is a unique opportunity for a forward-thinking educator to contribute to create a powerful and effective learning environment for our inclusive community.
At Grove Academy we believe our best resource is our teachers. We are looking to appoint a great professional to join our Secondary Team, who will be fundamental to our continued success as we settle into our new building. We are all about doing whatever we need to support the success of all of our learners and are committed to ensuring we create an environment where all can thrive.
Grove Academy is a new and expanding free school which opened in September 2017 and is the first all-through school to open in Slough. We have just moved into our permanent site and are excited to be fully resourced for a rich and broad curriculum.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is flexible in their thinking and willing to trial new ideas
• Is a team player who puts the success of all learners at the heart of all that they do
• Is passionate about ensuring every student meets their potential
• Has excellent subject knowledge
What we can offer:
• A brand-new state of the art building
• The opportunity to work with our diverse community
• A welcoming supportive team
• A high-quality programme of professional development
• A laptop
• On site and remote technical support
• Access to our employee assistance programme, including Cycle to Work scheme, confidential counselling service, discounted gym memberships and supermarket discounts.
If you feel excited about joining our team and can commit to our relentless drive in improving life chances for our young people then we would love to hear from you.
Please visit our website for more information, the applicant information pack and application form or click on the links on the TES website. The supporting statement should reference the job description and the following two questions:
• What passion and experience will you bring to the department?
• How will you enrich the lives of our learners?
Applications without a supporting statement will not be considered.
All completed applications should be returned to Carolyn Daniel, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – Friday 21st May 2021
Interview date - Week commencing 24th May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please contact the school if you would like to arrange a meeting with a member of the leadership team to discuss the role further.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
Grove Academy is the first all-through school to open in Slough and provides high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. Grove is the second school to emerge from the unique collaboration of secondary schools in Slough. They creat...