St George Catholic College is an oversubscribed school, with a proven track record of continued success. It is currently ranked in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress. The college is rated by Ofsted as ‘Good’ with outstanding features (2016), and ‘Outstanding’ across all areas for the last four Local Authority inspections. It is a college in which we have a commitment to knowing every student and ensuring they fulfil their potential.
We wish to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer energy, passion and creativity in the teaching of English. The English department plays a key role in the college’s achievement and development. The department has an incredibly strong, supportive and cohesive group of practitioners, who have the highest of expectations of themselves and their students. The right candidate would benefit from entering a supportive environment with a wide range of expertise, innovation and experience. There is no requirement to be Catholic and we would welcome all applicants from NQTs to more experienced teachers.
The English department is a consistently outstanding team of full-time specialist teachers, which achieved its best ever GCSE results in 2019, achieving the highest attainment for a mixed cohort in the local area, with 85% of students achieving a Grade 4 and above. The department has a strong track record for developing staff, for their teaching and achieving outstanding outcomes, whilst delivering a rich and varied curriculum which students highly value.
RECRUITMENT: Benefits of working here:
• A friendly and inclusive working environment
• Private healthcare
• Free on-site gym with state-of-the-art facilities
• Reduced rate for Lettings
• Nursery less than five minutes’ drive away
• Long-term career opportunities
• Access to nationally-accredited qualifications, including NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH
• Easy access to Southampton city centre, Eastleigh, the M27 and the M3
• An opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
Visits to the college are highly encouraged, and can be arranged under COVID restrictions by contacting Mr James Preston (Head of English) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please fill out the relevant application forms on the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website, www.stgcc.co.uk and return to Mrs Jeanine Bonavia, PA to the Headteacher at email@example.com by the deadline below.
Please note, we reserve the right to close vacancies early if we receive applications which meet the criteria.
St George Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Saint George Catholic Voluntary Aided College
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years