We’re looking for an experienced KS3/ KS4 English teacher who wants to develop their practice and experience more dynamic ways of engaging children in learning. A willingness to teach an additional subject to GCSE level would be an advantage.
We are keen to appoint a teacher who has an understanding of the challenges our students face and who will help us to foster an academy culture of reflection, resilience and ambition.
We would like to meet teachers who:
- demonstrate the highest quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- will inspire our students and sharing a passion for lifelong learning
- have experience of working in an inclusive school
- are committed to tackling disadvantage and improving every student’s wellbeing and life chances.
We are able to offer flexible working conditions for the right candidate. Full time and part time applications for the post are welcomed
This is an opportunity for an experienced teacher to join our multi-academy trust which specialises in alternative provision and which is committed to offering continual professional development to all our employees. We believe that working with excluded children and young people is immensely rewarding. We can offer a place of work where staff and colleagues share a determination to improve the outcomes for excluded and vulnerable children.
• Plan and teach interactive, exciting lessons which engage all our KS3 and KS4 pupils - including those facing barriers to learning and those with social emotional, mental and health needs.
• Have an up to date knowledge of and confidence in teaching the KS3/ KS4 English Language and Literature GSCE curriculum and a desire to teach in an innovative, creative and exciting way which engages reluctant learners.
• Work closely with your colleagues to produce high quality learning resources and plan expeditionary learning activities.
• Facilitate good student progress and positive outcomes - inspire, motivate and challenge our students.
Olive AP Academy – Suffolk is based in Stowmarket. Our alternative provision academy supports pupils aged between 7 and 16. The academy has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in Key Stages 2-4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school.
The academy offers students an inspiring curriculum with high quality newly refurbished classrooms, a sports hall, art and design technology room, science laboratory, construction room, motor mechanics workshops, orchard and garden.
Our academy always welcomes visits from potential applicants. Come and see our fantastic facilities and meet our academy community. Please get in touch with Helen Everard, Business Manager (email@example.com) T: 01449 613 931 if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
At Olive Academies we offer all our staff:
o a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
o high quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
o an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
o the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
Job title: Teacher of English
Hours: Full time or part time
Start date: January 2020 or sooner if possible
Location: Olive AP Academy – Suffolk, Stowmarket
Reports to: Deputy Headteacher
Please email your completed Olive Academies application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 24th September 2019 (Midday)
Interviews to be held at Olive AP Academy – Suffolk in Stowmarket week beginning 30th September 2019.