SAMUEL WARD ACADEMY TRUST, HAVERHILL CB9 0LD
Required from September 2018, you will play a key role in creating an ethos which inspires students of all abilities to enthusiastically engage in English learning and achieve their full potential.
We will offer you:
- a supportive culture where teachers are free to focus on teaching and learning
- a strong focus on student behaviour with all detentions run centrally by SLT
- a wide range of CPD opportunities within school and through our trust of 22 schools
- opportunities for career progression (including the opportunity to participate in the Trust's Leadership Development Programme)
- an ethos of innovation and experimentation; we are currently piloting whole class marking and a new approach to homework.
Samuel Ward is a highly successful oversubscribed 11 - 18 co-educational academy with 1,320 pupil on roll, including sixth form. We are situated in pleasant surroundings on the western edge of Suffolk, within easy reach of Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. We benefit from excellent facilities, and our new £10m building is due to open in April 2019.
If you would like an informal discussion prior to submitting your application or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact (01440) 760333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form and job description are available on our website: www.samuelward.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date: 19 April 2018.
Interview date: 24 April 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Samuel Ward Academy Trust - welcoming diversity.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.