Teacher of English (NQTs welcome)
Required for: September 2019
Are you a trainee teacher looking to secure your first teaching post? We offer the perfect environment for you to grow and develop as a teacher. We recognise that the learning curve continues once the training year is over and offer a bespoke 3 year induction programme to newly qualified colleagues. Teachers on our NQT+ programme benefit from a minimum of 20% PPA time, no requirement to take a tutor group, and access to a range of high quality CPD and inset days informed by current research and pedagogy. Interviews will include a chance to meet with your NQT mentor and talk to some of our current NQTs.
This post is suitable for NQTs or more experienced teachers and we offer a range of development opportunities to teachers at all stages in their careers.
In addition, we offer:
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role and the English Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘Further information about the role’
We would like you to be:
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach English to KS4 in Language and Literature and to KS5 in either;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday, 21 January and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday, 23 January.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.