St Margaret’s Academy is a Catholic secondary school situated in Livingston, West Lothian. The school has six associated primary schools drawing a comprehensive mix of students and serves the communities of Livingston, Pumpherston, Dechmont, Broxburn, Uphall, Winchburgh, Kirknewton, East Calder and Mid Calder. The current school roll is 1100 Students with 87 members of teaching staff including those designated to support students with additional learning needs.
St Margaret’s Academy has an excellent reputation in the local community, particularly for the high standards of conduct and confidence displayed by students. In addition to the formal curriculum, a wide range of extra-curricular and out-of-hours activities are on offer. The school receives a high level of support and encouragement from parents. Attendance at parents’ evenings is good, and information and consultation exercises are well supported.
- To ensure the highest level of attainment and achievement across the curriculum for the young person
- To maintain a high standard of teaching and promote effective learning, enabling young people to enjoy their education and to develop positive attitudes towards learning, in accordance with the purposes A Curriculum for Excellence.
- To provide effective support systems to meet the needs of all young people which promote personal, social and spiritual development and underpin academic achievement
- To provide a welcoming, peaceful, joyful and happy environment, which actively develops confidence, self esteem and respect for religious, cultural and social diversity
- To provide high quality leadership at all levels
- To promote positive links with all parts of the local community, reaching out to, and working with, our neighbours in a strong spirit of mutual respect.
Closing date: 18/03/2018
St Margaret's Academy,
Howden South Road,