TEACHER OF ENGLISH (with a responsibility opportunity)
Join Hazelwick – a popular, highly-successful and happy community where our students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching
Our shared vision is “for each and every student to achieve their maximum potential.”
Salary: MPR/UPR plus Fringe Area Allowance (from £1,077 per annum)
A responsibility allowance may be available for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate
Hazelwick is a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed secondary school with 1500 students in Years 7 – 11 and 330 students in the 6th form.
As one of the highest performing schools in West Sussex, with a Progress 8 score of +0.45, we have an unwavering focus on enabling our students to achieve their maximum potential.
According to our recent Ofsted report, Hazelwick is a school:
- which is a warm and welcoming place to be with a clear sense of teamwork and community spirit and with excellent working relationships between staff and students
- where leaders and staff are passionate about wanting the best for every student
- which has strong staff morale and a strong sense of pride, which is shared by students and parents
- which has a clear programme of teacher coaching and professional development in place
- where students make consistently good progress across the wide range of academic subjects well above the national average at Key Stage 4
- where behaviour is very good; students are polite, friendly and conduct themselves well; they value their learning and play a full part in lessons
- a school where teachers are proud to work
- a school with excellent developmental and CPD opportunities for staff
English at Hazelwick is:
· taught by a superb team of highly skilled, supportive and dedicated staff
· a popular KS5 option
· an extremely supportive and collaborative staff team
For January 2019 we are looking for:
· a teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and is committed to excellence and high student achievement
· a teacher who is able to teach KS3 and KS4 with the potential to teach KS5 now or in the future
· a teacher with a passion for working with young people and a perseverance to make a difference to them and their future
· a teacher with a focus on their own professional development and a drive to work with us to become the best teacher they can be
· Hazelwick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and communicates a clear framework to employees. Safeguarding is a key aspect of every role and all staff must have read and be fully aware of the Child Protection Policy. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For further details about this post and to apply, please go to our school website: www.hazelwick.org
Please return your completed application by 1pm on Wednesday 14th November 2018.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible, as there may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.