Teacher of English (MPS or NQT)
Required January 2020
Opportunity for TLR2 for the right candidate
Full and part time applications will be considered
This September, we opened our doors as King James Academy through school for students from year 5 to year 11. We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher of English (experienced or NQT) to join our friendly and supportive team. You will be absolutely committed to raising the attainment of students of all abilities across the age range.
Candidates should be:
● Enthusiastic and innovative, with a passion for all areas of English
● Able to teach to the highest standard at both KS3 and GCSE (currently AQA specification)
● An inspiring teacher who can enthuse others
● Able to use their excellent subject knowledge to raise standards both within their own classroom and contribute to departmental planning.
● Knowledge of the KS2 English curriculum is a desirable, but not essential, attribute.
As the school is in its infancy, the department is newly formed and a successful candidate would be joining a team where new ideas are welcomed, and where there is a real opportunity to secure the vision to shape the future of the English curriculum within the school.
There is the potential of a TLR post for a candidate with suitable experience and vision. The exact nature of this responsibility can be tailored to fit the strengths of the candidate. If you are interested in this position, please outline your leadership strengths and particular areas of interest within your expression of interest.
Closing Date: Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews: Friday 18th October 2019