Teacher of English
September 2021 start
Salary according to experience plus TLR for right candidate
NQTs welcome to apply
The Bulmershe School are looking for a Teacher of English to join in September 2021. This role has been created due to the rapid expansion of the school and to give the department additional capacity to function as efficiently as possible, giving our teachers the time to teach well and the HOD time to work closely with their team to reach their full potential.
At The Bulmershe School, we pride ourselves on high academic achievement, personal qualities are valued highly and the atmosphere is friendly and purposeful. We are on the move to ‘Outstanding’ and are looking for forward-thinking, emotionally intelligent and innovative teachers to join a supportive team that is committed to improving the life chances of young people. As a member of the English department you would be responsible for delivering high-quality lessons. You would be part of an organisation that enjoys a great reputation in the area and one that will develop your career; we have a fantastic track record and there are numerous opportunities for professional development.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection notes “Parents, staff and pupils are rightly proud of The Bulmershe School. They recognise that it offers an aspirational yet caring community, where pupils are kept safe and their welfare matters greatly.”
The salary offered for this post is MPS/UPS commensurate with experience and TLR can be offered for the right candidate. If you're keen to be a part of a department committed to providing our staff with the best possible teaching environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Our successful candidate will receive:
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Professional coaching and support to enhance teaching and learning
- Opportunity to teach across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 if desired
- Bespoke CPD programme
- Access to a brand new, state of the art Leisure centre and swimming pool
- A thriving social and community ethos
We’re keen to hear from you if you are:
- Able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Someone who has, or aspires to have, a measurable impact as an individual teacher and throughout the school
- Confident and keen for career progression
- Committed to the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the school
Applications will be considered as received, closing date is Friday 29th January 2021.
To apply please complete visit the recruitment page:
On our website, complete the application form at the bottom of the page and email to:
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.
The Bulmershe School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years