Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teacher of English. The ideal candidate will share our vision to raise standards and make a significant contribution to providing the best possible education for the children in our school. A willingness and ability to teach across all key stages is desirable.
St Thomas More is a good school (Ofsted 2016) committed to high standards of growth and professional development.
- Degree in English Language or English Literature.
- Demonstrate consistently good or outstanding classroom practice.
- Be a passionate advocate of the subject, who contributes effectively to the department and whole school improvement plans.
- Able to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-16.
- Be able to drive forward academic outcomes for all students throughout the school.
- Be eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school.
- Have high expectations of self and others.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible and a good team player.
We welcome and encourage informal visits. To request an application form, obtain further details or arrange a visit, please contact Christine Gobsill on 01902 368798 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download the application pack from our website.
Closing date: 12noon Monday 5th February 2018
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 14th February 2018
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
ARCHDIOCESE OF BIRMINGHAM
St Thomas More Catholic School,
Darlaston Lane, Willenhall, West Midlands WV14 7BL
Telephone: 01902 368798
Fax: 01902 630380