The Governors of Ysgol Rhiwabon are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic teacher to join a strong and committed English Department. The department has a history of growing academic achievement at all levels. The successful candidate will be expected to teach English and English Literature across the age and ability range up to GCSE level.
In the English Department students are taught in mixed ability groups in Years 7 and 8, while Years 9 – 11 students are taught in flexible sets. At Key Stage 4 students follow the WJEC specifications for GCSE English and English Literature.
The accommodation for the English Department is excellent. The department occupies a suite of six rooms, two of which are joined by a central media suite. The staff in the department work very closely as a team, sharing successful teaching strategies, developing schemes of work and discussing pedagogical issues. In addition the English Department is a member of the Prince’s Teaching Institute which supports teaching and learning and provides excellent training opportunities for the English staff.
The person appointed will also be assigned to a Year group as a form tutor within the school’s pastoral system.
• Degree level with appropriate specialism
• High-quality teaching skills
• Ability to motivate pupils, regardless of ability
• Ability to build good relationships with pupils, parents and staff
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• A willingness to contribute to department initiatives and extra-curricular activities.