Teacher of Film and Media – MPS
Required for September, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated & enthusiastic teacher of Film and Media Studies. Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) specialising in Maths, Sport and Performing Arts with the recent inspection stating:
- Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
- Pupils are making very good progress
- Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We relocated to a new £20.6 million state-of -the-art building in September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment and the Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved its best ever results at GCSE & A-Level this summer. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
The subjects are currently a popular option at both GCSE and A-Level and with the recent introduction of film and media at KS3, we aim to expand the subject further. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support where staff are committed to raising attainment.
This post offers the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff who successfully deliver Film & Media Studies BTEC, GCSE and A-Level. This summer’s results cement the Academy’s vision of offering the highest possible standards of education; 40% of students achieved A*-A grades in film, 70% A*-C and a 100% pass rate. This performance was also matched at A level with 70% of students achieving A*-B and 100% A*-C. Our students have gone on to study at some of the best universities including, Cambridge, Warwick and UEA.
The Film and Media Department is fully equipped with an Apple Mac editing suite, radio production facilities, digital screening space and a TV studio. All teachers are provided with a Mac laptop and iPad, and each media classroom is equipped with a 3D LED screen. In addition, students in KS4 and KS5 have iPads in order to help improve their digital literacy and enhance their learning experiences.
The successful candidate will:
· Be an excellent and ambitious classroom teacher; be familiar with the requirements of Creative Digital Media BTEC, GCSE and A-Level film and media studies;
· Have a good understanding of the current educational developments, especially those relating to classroom based practice;
· Have the highest expectations of students;
· Have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom;
· Have energy, stamina and a sense of humour.
· A nationally recognised personalised professional development programme;
· The opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art environment in classrooms fully equipped with the latest technology;
· An opportunity to join a well-established and successful department;
· An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy; recognised locally and nationally for its continued improvement;
Application forms are available from the Academy's website, and for further information & details about
this post, please contact Geraint Richards, Head of Social Studies by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 18th May 2018
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two references & an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.