We are keen to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified and inspirational Teacher of Food and other Technology Subjects (on a full or part-time basis) who is, or has the capacity to become, an outstanding teacher. The candidate should have the ability to deliver Food and other Technology Subjects at KS3 and KS4.
Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. In recent years The SSAT has recognised Alderbrook as being in the top 10% of schools nationally for Value Added Progress and results have remained very strong, particularly in the Core subjects.
Surprisingly however, we pride ourselves in being about so much more than outstanding results. We are a community in every sense of the word.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover - our staff love our school!
As part of your application, please share the reasons why your application should be considered and why you wish to work with the students here at Alderbrook.
Applications are also available from the school website or from Mrs Anna Whittington at the school by email.
Closing date: 9am Monday 19th April 2021
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.