An Exciting Opportunity to Join an Innovative Academy
Manchester Communication Academy is looking for a talented teacher of Food to join an ambitious and dedicated team.
Our commitment to equal opportunities is reflected in all aspects of academy life - we welcome young people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs.
We are pleased with our Academy Progress 8 score of +0.35 in 2017 which places us above average for national progress. Can you support us in improving this further?
The food department has three specialised cookery rooms. All students cook each week, (with all the ingredients provided free using our pupil premium grant) from international cuisine to five course meals - they really do it all. There is also a cookery club each night, including our famous Bombay Badboys' curry club! As a result, over 40% of year groups choose a food level 2 award at KS4. It is a department we are truly proud of - why don't you join us?
The team consists of a number of subject specialists who are committed to improving student outcomes. High quality teaching and learning is at the heart of the department and through sharing good practice, team teaching, working with external partners and protected collaborative planning time, staff are given the tools to thrive. We are looking for someone who will consistently model effective teaching and learning and can demonstrate vision, imagination, creativity and a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an Academy that values staff well-being and development.
We offer the following:
- Teachers teach in both break out areas and flexible learning bases where they can learn from one another through team teaching, coaching and mentoring.
- Teaching staff have two, two-hour planning sessions per week to collaboratively plan with colleagues.
- Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy for those who are ambitious and keen to develop.
- We have a half day on a Friday with an hour's training from 1 to 2pm with a variety of teaching and learning communities to participate in.
- A staff well-being group who meet regularly to discuss workload and work-life balance and organise wellbeing and social events.
- Staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year.
Your supporting statement should be no more than 2 side of A4, font size 11 and should reference you meet the criteria on the Job Description/Person Specification.
Manchester Communication Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure for a Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.