We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Food Technology who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching both theory and practical lessons across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well. The Food Technology area is well resourced with two large kitchens and a support technician to assist the teaching staff. We are proud to offer a broad technology provision at all age ranges and technology subjects are very popular with students at both Key Stage 3 and 4.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who is:
- A Food specialist, able to deliver the subject to KS4, with excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
- Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
- Will work collaboratively within the wider Technology team to contribute to the planning and teaching of the KS3 courses
- Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
- Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continued professional development
- High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
- A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
- Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
- A well-resourced curriculum area supported by a Food Technician
- A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
- A full programme of trips and visits, giving you the chance to share in making positive memories with students
- Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
Food Technology is a strong subject within the school and we are proud of our record of success. In 2019, 71% of our cohort achieved a Grade 4 or higher in Food Preparation and Nutrition, with 30% achieving a Grade 7 or above. Public examinations were not completed in summer 2021, however, RMS students continued to perform exceptionally well in Technology subjects.
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff. Our flagship CPD programme includes courses suitable for professional development at all career stages including preparation for middle and senior leadership.
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
We would welcome the opportunity for an informal chat or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or email@example.com for further information.
Robert May's School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Robert May’s School is a highly successful comprehensive single academy trust school, with the largest catchment area in Hampshire. In recent years the school has ranked in the top 10% of national non-selective schools for attainment. Its 1,290...