This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1,500 students has excellent facilities in all subject areas. Kingsford Community School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom fifty per cent are multilingual. The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and was rated by Ofsted as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Design and Technology Teacher with experience of teaching Food Preparation and Nutrition in a theoretical and practical capacity. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching Food Technology, and will be able to motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
For this teaching post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
• Is talented, dynamic and an ambitious teacher, who can build on the success of the Learning Area and ensure good progress for all pupils.
• Has experience of teaching Food Technology with very good pupil outcomes at KS3 and KS4.
• Can inspire and lead high quality teaching and learning.
• Has experience of teaching and supporting pupils with a range of SEN, Behavioural and Academic needs.
• Has a proven track record of securing excellent pupil outcomes in GCSE examinations.
We can offer
• A committed and successful Learning Area Team
• Encouragement for innovation and creativity
• A supportive and collaborative environment and the opportunity to achieve significant career development as you prepare for further promotion.
Previous experience teaching Food Technology at KS3 and KS4 is necessary. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be considered for the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the schools agreed application form will be considered.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email Rebecca Todd, Deputy Office Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 1st March 2021 and interviews will be held shortly thereafter. This is a permanent post.
Kingsford Community School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Kingsford Community School, located in Beckton, Newham, is a co-educational secondary school. It is a non-denominational establishment for children aged between 11 and 16 years of age. At present, there are around 1,500 students being educated at the...