We are seeking a Teacher with a specialism in Food / Catering Technology to join our creative and dynamic Art, Design and Technology Faculty. The teaching commitment will be predominately KS4 groups following a vocational qualification, due to a 3-year KS4 curriculum within the academy.
We are looking for a good teacher with a track record of securing good or better outcomes for students to join the team and make a positive impact on the lives of our students to achieve their full potential.
- have a natural passion and enthusiasm for Food and Catering with an ability or proven track record of raising attainment in Design Technology
- be a good or outstanding classroom practitioner
- understand data and how it can be used to inform planning and intervention by tracking progress
- be keen to ensure the learning needs of disadvantaged groups are catered for
- be driven to encourage, motivate and inspire young people.
We can offer you:
an exciting, supporting and collaborative working environment
an ethos of continuous improvement within the faculty and the academy as a whole
excellent CPD opportunities
the opportunity to work at an academy which is undergoing change and moving at pace
If you are interested, please contact Jo Curtis, Head of Faculty on (01473) 601252 for an informal chat and to arrange a visit.
An application form can be downloaded from our website: www.stokehighoa.co.uk
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Academy: Maidenhall Approach, Ipswich, Suffolk IP2 8PL.
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 8am, 22 February 2019.
Interview date: 26 February 2019.
Please note the school is closed from 18 - 22 February 2019.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.