We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional qualified Teacher of French & Spanish to work within a talented, highly motivated and supportive team of teachers within our MFL Department.
Advance your career within the Federation's supportive academy environment established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders. With unrivalled opportunities for progression, we can provide bespoke courses and qualifications to match your aspirations, whether that be as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will:
- Be a high calibre, experienced practitioner who can teach all students across Key Stages 4 and 5. Newly qualified teachers will also be considered for the position.
- Be able to show a strong record of raising student attainment through their teaching of examination groups
- Be dynamic in their ability to teach both academic and vocational subjects
- Have the ability to implement strategies that will inspire and further enhance our students’ love of Business Studies
- Be an individual who shares our common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve
- Have the capacity and drive to develop their teaching and bring innovative ideas to the classroom and the department
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Merton
Harris Academy Merton has consistently been in the top 10% of performing schools in the country for Progress. We maintain a strong focus on shaping a learning enviroment where all of our students thrive, cultivating each individual's potential. Promoting the ethos ‘’Achievement is Success,’’ we believe every student has the right to the highest standard of education so that they can accomplish their aspirations. Our aim is to give every student an educational experience that is both enjoyable and holistic so that they develop into responsible, articulate and successful young people. The academy is set in seven acres of land, containing five teaching blocks, a sports hall, a full size floodlit all weather pitch plus four full size floodlit tennis courts and our own playing fields as well as an administration building containing the assembly hall and dining hall. We are favourably located for public transport with good local access to bus, mainline train and underground links, as well as on-site parking for vehicles and bicycles.
Why work at Harris Academy Merton?
- The opportunity to work within an over-subscribed, ‘Outstanding’ academy
- A calm, well disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment
- A strong commitment to our ethos: “Achievement is Success”
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- Excellent record of GCSE results
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Merton are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 623 1000 or email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.