Teacher of French and/or Spanish
TOP 5% NATIONALLY FOR PROGRESS
TOP 20% NATIONALLY FOR ATTAINMENT
Saint George Catholic VA College wishes to invite applications from newly qualified or experienced teachers to join our MFL department in September 2018. St George Catholic College is an oversubscribed and growing college, both in terms of the number of students on roll and in terms of the ability of the students who are joining us. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented person to join a very supportive team within a College. It is an exciting time to join the College as we continue to expand and have been mixed since 2013. The department is graded outstanding for both progress and attainment in 2017.
The governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive teacher to join our Modern Languages Department. Due it its popularity we are expanding the subject area; we are seeking an inspirational and successful practitioner to complement our highly experienced and dynamic team. This post is suitable for either an experienced or a newly qualified teacher. We promote a positive catholic ethos but there is no requirement to be Catholic to apply. The department’s track record in developing staff and achieving outcomes is second to none. NQTs are more than welcome to apply.
· Be sympathetic towards the Catholic ethos of the college
· Have the energy, commitment and vision to make a real difference
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Have the ability to inspire, motivate and be able to develop the potential of students
· A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
· An opportunity to be part of a highly experienced, enthusiastic, successful and motivated department
· A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
· A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please fill out the relevant application forms on the vacancies section of our website www.stgcc.co.uk. All applications should be sent to to the Headteacher Mr J Habberley by the deadline below to firstname.lastname@example.org. The vacancies section can be found by clicking on the general information tab on the home page. Visits to the college are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs E Brocken at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st March 2018 - 10am
St George Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mr James Habberley
St George Catholic College
023 8032 2603