We would like to recruit a teacher of French and Spanish to join our highly successful Modern Foreign Languages department.
For the right candidate, there is the potential for a position of responsibility in the department. Applications are welcome from NQTs. The School offers an excellent NQT induction programme.
The MFL department is a really motivated, well-led team. As one of the larger departments in the School with impressive uptake year on year, we are looking for someone who would thrive in a creative and enthusiastic environment.
• As a minimum, candidates should offer both French and Spanish at Key Stages 3 and 4 and one of the two at KS5. The ideal candidate will be able to teach French and Spanish at KS3, 4 and 5.
• Involvement with the extra-curricular activities.
• Contribute to collaborative planning within the department
• Support the department in promoting languages across the school
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths and no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
• Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD (AQA GCSE and A Level)
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to enrichment and extra-curricular provision, in the development of students
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form, available to download from the School’s website. Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date: by 8:30am on Monday 30 March 2020
Please note that applicants will be called for interview when we receive applications from suitable candidates, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Start date: September 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).