TEACHER OF FRENCH (0.8 - maternity cover)
We are seeking to appoint a committed colleague with a specialism for French, and the ability to work alongside a team of well qualified teachers. We are a forward thinking, talented Learning Community and we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed professional to join our current team. French is popular at KS4, and many of our students go on to further study following their completion. Our results and standards are excellent and you will have the highest expectations for our students.
• be a strong, committed and reflective teacher;
• have experience in raising student achievement and implementing effective intervention;
• have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• be aware of the new changes in the curriculum, and have ideas of how to implement this;
• be committed to maintaining the high standard of teaching that is already embedded within our Learning Community.
We will be:
• a welcoming and supportive team;
• an excellent provider of career development and challenge, with excellent CPD opportunities;
• at the cutting edge of learning and teaching, as we develop our school and our curriculum.
Cannock Chase High School is an 11–19 mixed comprehensive school with around 900 students on roll. Students and staff are warm, open and supportive to one another and proud of their school. We were judged as 'good' in our most recent Ofsted inspection and behaviour was described as 'exemplary'. Mutual respect is a key feature of our relationships here. We are currently experiencing high levels of success, with over 30% of our Sixth Formers going to Russell Group universities, including The University of Oxford. We are the only school in Cannock & Rugeley to achieve a positive Progress 8 score for three consecutive years
Please refer to the following documentation, when completing an application for this post:
1. Application Guidance Notes;
2. Job Description & Person Specification.
A successful application will include:
1. A completed School Application Form;
2. A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form;
3. A Letter of Application (of no more than two sides of A4), outlining how your skills and experience to date meet the requirements of this post.
Cannock Chase High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance. The job description/person specification is available from the Headteacher at the school or via the website: www.cannockchasehigh.com/Jobs-at-CCHS. All applications must be on the school Application Form (which is also available from the school or via the website), CVs alone are not acceptable. Completed applications are to be e-mailed to Iain Turnbull, Headteacher, at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 24th September 2018, (3:30pm). (Interviews to take place later that same week.)