This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Teacher of French to join a forward-looking 11 – 19 school. The Sweyne Park School is the lead school within the Rayleigh Schools Trust and works with a local primary school, providing a 0 – 19 educational experience for the local community. The successful applicant will have excellent subject knowledge, the ability to inspire students and a desire to develop as a teacher.
Teachers in the MFL department work as a strong team, sharing resources and developing excellent practice together. This role offers the opportunity to work with enthusiastic, supportive and committed colleagues.
The Sweyne Park School:
- was graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in May 2010;
- opened a Sixth Form in September 2014;
- is a heavily oversubscribed school;
- is highly committed to staff welfare and development;
- teacher loading is 21 out of 25 hours per week and teachers only rarely cover lessons;
- has strong, ethical leadership and fair recruitment and retention practices;
- was one of the first secondary schools in the county to gain ‘Rights Respecting Gold’ status in 2019;
- is equipped with superb facilities and resources.
The MFL department is a committed and successful team, where learners enjoy their lessons and experience an engaging curriculum.
The school is committed to continual curriculum improvement and the professional development of its staff. Sweyne Park will provide opportunities and new challenges for those who wish to progress their career.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and uphold the values of the profession.
- Hold qualified teacher status.
- Uphold all of the Teachers’ Standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for specialist subject area; have a deep understanding and wealth of knowledge relating to it.
- Have enthusiasm for learning and education and show the ability to inspire this in others.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional learning and development.
- Show resilience and a willingness to adapt and respond to feedback.
- Be open, flexible and sensitive to the needs and aspirations of other people.
- Actively involve parents/carers and the community as fully as possible in the life of the school.
- The ability to offer a second language would be an advantage.
If you are a dedicated practitioner who is passionate about learning, we would look forward to receiving your application.
We would usually welcome visits to the school; but the current situation means we are unable to do so. We would be very happy to answer any questions you may have, and provide the opportunity for you to have a discussion with the Head of Department or a member of the leadership team. To arrange this, please contact Kerry Wilby at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain further information, or download an Essex application form, please visit our website www.sweynepark.com.
The Sweyne Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
The Sweyne Park School