Ongoing, part-time position. Approximately (0.7 FTE)
With a proud history of over 142 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint a Secondary School French Teacher with a track record of excellence both in and out of the classroom who will contribute enthusiastically to the broader positive culture of the school.
About the Role
As a key member of our Languages Department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in these areas. You will be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for French to the school and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
This is a part-time, ongoing teaching role commencing Semester One 2020.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching, and experience in teaching French. You will also demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Experience teaching Years 7 - 10 French
- Experience teaching VCE Units 1 and 2 French
- Relevant qualifications
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- You will have demonstrated knowledge of the subject within the Australian Curriculum Frameworks where relevant
- You will encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- You will have a desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
To view the position description please visit: www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please visit www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment. Applications must be received b y Monday 21 October 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.