Impington Village College (IVC)
Teacher of French with German or Spanish (Key Stage 3-5)
Required: September 2021
Salary: Main Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year” 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication for the second year running. Due to the continued expansion of the College, we are looking to recruit an outstanding and passionate Teacher of French, preferably with German although exceptional candidates offering Spanish would also be considered. NQTs are welcome, and will be nurtured and developed with an exemplary support package. We would particularly welcome applications from teachers with at least two years’ experience who are looking for a new challenge and for the support and coaching needed to prepare for middle and senior leadership roles.
For the right candidate we can offer:
• £1000 Personal Professional Development Bursary
• Funding and support to complete Masters Level qualification in Educational Leadership and Management or a national leadership development programme
• Coaching from a member of SLT and support to apply for Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) status
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management for 2021-2023
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last five years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. You will also be joining the College as it embeds a transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector, and built around our status as an IB World School. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
Languages outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress, with the majority of students taking at least one language at GCSE from a choice of five, and a healthy number of students taking two languages. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level, where Language Acquisition is a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages. You will also be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we launch the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3, and become the only state school in the UK to offer three IB programmes.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development, engaging with the latest pedagogical research and to developing students' love of languages. It is a large and growing faculty and you will be very well supported by a number of highly experienced colleagues. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through a range of in-house and external CPD programmes.
With your knowledge and passion for languages you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC can offer you:
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for NQTs
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including positions across our growing Trust, the Eastern Learning Alliance
• access to the opportunities created through the Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to IVC’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
IVC is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am Friday 26 February 2021, interviews Monday 1/ Tuesday 2 March 2021
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. If you require any further information please contact our Human Resources department email@example.com.
Impington Village College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Join East Anglia's State Secondary School of the Year 2020
Inclusive, Inspirational, International
Impington Village College is part of the Morris Education Trust and is a comprehensive school like no other. It was originally founded in the lat...