Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious part-time teacher of French with German or Spanish to join our outstanding MFL Faculty. Modern Languages are very popular with large numbers studying the subjects at KS4 and KS5. We are seeking to recruit someone who is inspiring, dynamic and has a passion for French with the ability to also teach either German or Spanish. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham School is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School, Ridgeway Academy, Wheatfield’s Junior School and Wheatfield’s Infants’ and Nursery School. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. If you have a passion for teaching French and can also teach German or Spanish, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: Wednesday, 27th January 2021 at 9am
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this part time position. We welcome online TES applications.
For NQTs this position will commence July 2021 due to our comprehensive induction
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com We prefer electronic applications which should be should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Email email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years